ITNY is hiring - Arts Admin Assoc
TITLE: Arts Administrative Associate
REPORTS TO: Artistic Director and Executive Director
STATUS: Part-Time SCHEDULE: ~20 hours/week; Occasional Evenings/Weekends Required for live performances and extra hours to prepare for major events such as our Home Season
TO APPLY: Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The subject line should read: Administrative Associate: NAME
Founded in 1984 by Moira North, Ice Theatre of New York has changed the face of figure skating by creating works that integrate the sensibilities of contemporary dance, music and art challenging the perceptions and conventional definitions of figure skating. Its mission is to create and advance dancing on ice as an ensemble performing art through its professional dance company, collaborating with choreographers and other artists, and presenting public performances and classes to people of all ages. Through its performances in both traditional and site-specific venues, ITNY presents ice dance that opens one’s eyes to seeing skating in unexpected ways. ITNY was the first ice dance company to receive dance program funding from the National Endowment for the Arts, the New York State Council on the Arts and the New York City Department of Cultural Affairs.
JOB PURPOSE ITNY seeks a part-time Administrative Associate who is a self-starter, flexible, and comfortable multi-tasking, with excellent communication and writing skills. The role requires someone who can effectively and confidently contribute to and manage a variety of projects across ITNY’s activities in performance, education, and community engagement. The successful applicant will work well in multicultural environment and with a diverse constituency. They will be self-motivated, work well under pressure and be able to handle several projects at one time. They will have good judgment and ideally, a sense of humor. The position requires the applicant to work in the office and he/she/they must be local to NYC for all our live performances and fundraising events.
Duties and responsibilities
- Correspond with key collaborators and constituents
- Handle and coordinate event calendar
- Be the point person for all events and provide event support
- Coordinate and manage volunteers
- Oversee and/or perform a range of diverse administrative activities
- Assist the Directors with writing, editing, and proofreading proposals and other printed materials.
- Gather contacts for outreach campaigns to potential education, presenting, and community partners.
- Reach out to potential community partners for grant projects.
- Send outreach emails, track results, and diligently send follow ups.
- Set up ticketing and track registrations for performances, classes and fundraising events.
- Provide other general administrative assistance and project support to the Directors.
- Serve as the lead contact for all activities related to educational programs.
- Coordinate schedules for teaching artists and community partners.
- Maintain and develop relationships with current and potential education and community partners.
- Data collection, data analysis and evaluation for education programs.
- Provide other program support to the Managing Director and Artistic Director related to education and outreach.
- Communicate with Directors regarding educational programs promotion.
- Craft content for ITNY’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn accounts.
- Maintain accounts’ updates, mentions, and inboxes.
- Use a combination of several different kinds of media to reach different audiences (in collaboration with PR Consultant)
- Develop and implement marketing timelines leading up to events and performances.
- Create e-newsletters in Emma.
- Update the website
- Work with public relations and graphic design consultants to develop marketing materials and craft copy in support of event production and promotion.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, while maintaining perspective and understanding the big picture.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively
- Make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments
- Analyze and solve problems
- Manage multiple tasks with changing priorities to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Results oriented and able to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Strong writing skills
- Experience generating social media content and updating websites
- Experience working at an arts organization a plus
- Experience on MAC computers a plus
- Experience with photo, music and video editing a plus
We look forward to meeting the candidates!
Working conditions This job will require occasional night and weekend hours (live performances and special development & fundraising events); work will also occur in office and via virtual meetings. The office uses MAC computers.
Physical requirements This position does not require repetitive, physically demanding labor aside from the person being capable of operating within the physical activity range of working at a computer as well as hosting and coordinating details before, during and after live performances and fundraising events.